FREE Bass Fishing Secrets!

I can't believe he's giving you this bass fishing stuff...

My buddy Dan has just revealed some old bass fishing secrets... and he's giving it away for free.

The only requirement is that you have to be a bass fisherman, and he doesn't want you to share it with too many people.

This stuff is lethal for slamming bass like nobody's business.

Just go here to get it:

http://www.oldschoolbassfishing.com/bassfriends.html

He's only doing this because your on my bass fishing newsletter, and Dan is a good friend of mine.

It's a good thing you're on my list, or you'd never see these deadly techniques...

http://www.oldschoolbassfishing.com/bassfriends.html

Go there now, he's not going to leave this stuff up for long.

Have a good one.

Linden Huckle

fishing for largemouth bass

Old School Bass Fishing Secrets

Monday 23 August 2010

Tips For Catching More Largemouth Bass

Tips For Catching More Largemouth Bass

As I have fished over the years, I have learned what lures to use in the morning, mid-day, evening, at night, and overcast days. And I have a basic color scheme I follow, most of the time, that helps me catch more largemouth bass. By no means do I know it all. I continue to learn almost every time out. And these tricks that I have picked up on over the years, are not absolutes, you will always have exceptions. However, I know that the tricks I have learned over the years can help most anglers catch more bass consistently.

In the mornings, when the temperature is usually cooler and the water is calmer; I like to fish with top-water lures. My favorite lures are buzz-baits, spinner baits, and poppers. This is when bass are the most active, and when their in an aggressive mood, they are feeding off the top. The bass tend to be in the shallows in the morning, so look for the bass in the shallows around structure.

In the mid-day, when the sun is out, bearing down on the lake and the fishing slows down; I will usually switch to a Texas rig with a plastic grub or worm. This technique takes more patience, you can't cover as much water and the hits won't be as aggressive, but you can still have success with soft plastics. This is when the bass are deep in the weed beds where the water is cooler and the weeds provide oxygen. They also can move out to deeper waters, so look for drop-offs. Bass usually don't stray to far from their food supply. This is also a good time to fish those deep-diving crankbaits out in the middle part of the lake. Just look for sunken islands or any type of structure.

In the evenings, I have most of my luck on swim baits. You've probably seen those hollow belly swim baits, these work great. I also like the jointed minnow lures, these lures provide great side-to-side action that the bass seem to love. The thing about swim baits is, they are very easy to fish, a nice steady retrieve and that's all there is to it. Another type of lure I like to use in the evening is, jerk baits. I usually twitch them or reel them in a couple feet at a time, then pause and allow the lure to float to the top.

For my simple color scheme, I like to use bright, florescent colors in muddy or stained water. In clear water, I like to use more natural looking colors. In clear water, it's important to try to match the forage. Remember, these are not absolutes, so keep on experimenting. However, if your having problems consistently catching bass, this is some good advice.

Author: Jamie L Roberts
I have been fishing for a number of years and I have acquired some proven techniques that I believe will help most fisherman. You can read my blogs at http://fishermansbox.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jamie_L_Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment